Weeknight Chicken Sausage & Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner is perfect when you need dinner in a hurry! It’s full of hearty vegetables and ready in minutes as a one pot dish that’s nothing more than chop, season, & bake!
Some nights I simply don’t have enough time or energy to make dinner and on those nights, I pull out a trusty sheet-pan dinner. I love sheet pan meals like this Chicken Sausage & Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner because they’re basically a one pot dish that’s as simple as slice, season, and bake!
My recent favorite is this Chicken Sausage & Veggie Sheet Pan dinner! It has a hearty helping of vegetables, juicy chicken sausage pieces and a punch of spice! And of course, the best part about this meal is it’s totally customizable!
If you aren’t a fan of chicken sausage you can swap in beef, pork, or whatever you have on hand! Currently, I’m loving Bilinski’s Mild Italian Chicken Sausage. It’s so tasty, organic, and the nutritional information is some of the best I’ve seen when compared to other brands found at the grocery store. Bilinski Mild Italian Chicken Sausage only has 90 calories, 4.5g fat, 12g protein per link and the flavor is spot on with just a hint of spice! (I can’t wait to grill it up this summer smothered in onions & peppers!)
My go-to veggies for this Chicken Sausage & Veggie Sheet Pan meal are green beans, peppers, onions, and potatoes but feel free to swap in asparagus, carrots, broccoli or whatever favorite vegetables you have hanging out in the fridge! As for the spices, if Italian sausage is spicy enough for you, then skip the heat, leaving out the smoked paprika. Once everything’s prepped, toss it with a bit of olive oil and seasoning and throw it all on the sheet pan to bake for 35 minutes. I serve my Chicken Sausage & Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner with a side cooked quinoa and a hefty sprinkling of parmesan cheese!
This Chicken Sausage & Veggie Sheet Pan dinner is also a great weeknight meal because it makes a large serving with plenty of leftovers! <3M and I both love the leftovers for lunch the next day or scrambled in a skillet with some eggs in the morning for a rustic, farmhouse-like breakfast. Trust me on this one, these leftovers are great for breakfast!
However you choose to enjoy Chicken Sausage & Veggie Sheet Pan dinner, I promise you’ll find yourself putting this meal on repeat since it’s perfect for those busy weeknight dinners!
- 2 red potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 6 ounces green beans, stems trimmed
- ½ large red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 5 Italian chicken sausages
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp smoked paprika, optional*
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425*
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil, sprayed with a bit of olive oil so the vegetables won't stick when baking.
- Set the sheet pan aside and prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Slice all of the vegetables into ½ inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Add in the minced garlic and olive oil. Stir everything together then add in the seasonings -- onion powder, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Slice the chicken sausage on the diagonal into ½ inch ovals.
- Add the sliced chicken sausage to the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the prepared sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Toss the vegetables so they cook evenly and return the pan to the oven, baking another 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are tender and slightly golden.
- Serve atop cooked quinoa with a generous helping of parmesan cheese.