Funfetti Cake Batter Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches pair the classic flavors of vanilla sugar cookies with craveable cake batter ice cream and a mountain of sprinkles to create the perfect summertime treat.
There’s seriously something about sprinkles and birthday cake flavored treats that make me so ridiculously happy. Like a little kid who just got a bike happy. Like a 5 year old ON her birthday eating cake and ice cream, happy. And these Funfetti Cake Batter Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches are just that. They are the definition of ‘You can have your
cake cookie & eat it too!’
I’ve taken the classic sugar cookie, loaded it with TWO kinds of sprinkles, a heavy pour of vanilla and stuffed them with cake batter ice cream which is loaded with even MORE sprinkles.
It’s sprinkles, on sprinkles, on sprinkles! And what better time to enjoy a colorful, ice cream cookie sandwich than in the midst of a summer heatwave!
In addition to sprinkles, my Funfetti Cake Batter Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches also feature Halo Top Birthday Cake ice cream which has an abundance of sprinkles itself!
If you haven’t guessed by now, I really love cake batter flavored desserts that come loaded with sprinkles (as evident with my Cake Batter Cheesecake and No-Bake Cake Batter Cake Balls) which made Halo Top’s Birthday Cake ice cream an easy choice for this dessert.
Around the web & blogosphere, Halo Top has been promoted as a healthy ice cream and although it does have less sugar & fat and more protein that the Ben & Jerry’s sitting next to it in the freezer aisle, let’s be real here — ice cream is not a health food.
Is it part of a healthy diet? YES! Eating ice cream is good for your mental health, it’s a food that probably brings you joy and if you like ice cream, you should eat it! If you’re looking for an ice cream that ‘isn’t as bad as all the others’ than Halo Top is your jam.
And in my opinion, Halo Top is pretty darn delicious when compared to other lighter ice creams on the market. I’ve tried a few flavors of Halo Top but the Cake Batter flavor is definitely my favorite and it inspired my Funfetti Cake Bater Ice Cream Sandwiches! The Cake Batter flavor pairs perfectly with the chewy, vanilla, sprinkle-filled sugar cookies and together with the buttery, melty ice cream, creates a (birthday) party in your mouth!
If you’re really into sprinkles, feel free to roll the Funfetti Cake Batter Ice Cream Sandwiches into sprinkles before serving! Because let’s be honest, there’s no such think as too many sprinkles.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup colorful sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons rainbow nonpareils
- 2 pints Halo Top Birthday Cake ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the softened butter until creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the granulated sugar and beat again until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in all of the vanilla and 1 egg at a time, thoroughly mixing before adding the next egg.
- In three separate additions, add the flour mixture to the butter, sugar, and eggs thoroughly combining the flour before the next addition.
- Remove the mixing bowl from electric mixer. Lightly grease your hands with a touch of vegetable oil or softened butter and mix in both the sprinkles and nonpareils by hand.
- You may need to knead the dough lightly in the bowl to fully distribute the sprinkles throughout the dough and combine any remaining bits of flour at the bottom of the bowl.
- Once the sprinkles are fully combined, scoop out mounded tablespoons of dough and place them on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Lightly pat each dough ball down into a half-inch disk. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden and the center is just set.
- Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To assemble the ice cream sandwiches, place 2-3 tablespoons of ice cream on one cooled Fufetti Cookie and top with the second, pressing down lightly to secure.
- If you’re feeling frisky, roll the ice cream part of the sandwich in additional sprinkles for decorations. Serve immediately.