Drizzled with white chocolate & speckled with candied pumpkin seeds, Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are a delicious seasonal treat.
Hurry! You only have a few more weeks before we retire Pumpkin Spice for the year and welcome in Gingerbread & Peppermint! And with the time that’s left you HAVE to make these Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats!
I know rice krispie treats may sound under-rated but that’s because you’ve never had my rice krispie treats! My treats are flavor bombs that blow the classic treats out of the water. White chocolate + pumpkin spice + marshmallows + spiced pumpkin seeds = DELICIOUS
Just like my Grandma’s Dilly Bar recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats, these Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are decadently delicious, full of flavor and beyond simple to make.
The secret to Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Rice Krispie treats is Trader Joe’s Spiced Pumpkin Seeds! I love TJ’s pumpkin seeds on their own or mixed with nuts & Pumpkin O’s or sprinkled on a salad but after finding myself nibbling through the bag, I decided their addictive flavor would be perfect incorporated into a seasonal treat!
As for the Pumpkin Spice flavor itself, this comes from the classic Pumpkin Pie Spice mix! The only real pumpkin in these Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate White Krispie Treats are these pumpkin seeds. And in reality, it’s the flavor of pumpkin spice that the world’s crazy about…not so much the earthy orange pumpkin flavor itself.
To finish off the treats (and to make them a tad fancier than just a standard ol’ bar) I drizzled the top with white chocolate.
If you’re feeling sassy, you can also incorporate white chocolate chips into the bars themselves when mixing in the pumpkin seeds!
I wanted a lighter touch of white chocolate since it’s rather sweet and when paired with the marshmallows and spiced seeds, I was worried it may be too sweet! Either way, no matter how much or how little white chocolate you choose to use, don’t leave it out!
I love these treats best within the first few days but they’ll stay fresh for up to a week in a well-sealed container! Either way, enjoy the last few days of Pumpkin Spice season!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup Trade Joe's Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan with butter or line it with parchment paper and set aside
- In a large pot on the stove, heat the butter until melted over medium heat
- Stir the pumpkin spice into the butter then add in the marshmallows
- Stir the marshmallows & butter continuously over medium heat until the marshmallows are fully melted
- Remove from heat and mix in the cereal and pumpkin seeds
- Smooth the treat mixture into the prepared pan, ensuring an even top layer
- Let cool at least 2 hours before cutting into bars
- Once cut into bars, warm the white chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments (~90 seconds total), stirring well between each heating.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the cut bars and let cool before serving